Gala-Gala Eco Resort
Come and relax in the tranquility of the most beautiful Luxury tented camp, perfect for unwinding. Gala-Gala Eco Resort is set in a very quite sheltered part of Ponta do Oura. Nestled in the native bush, they are away from the noise and activity of the main town. The abundant trees provide plenty of cool shade and
bring wonderful bird life and butterflies to enjoy.
The beautiful surroundings of the luxury tented camp, bush tents and campsites bring you
back to nature. You will be struck by its beauty and tranquility. Gala-Gala Eco Resort is a nature lovers
dream with quite natural bush, amazing bird life and a magnificent beach. Camping with a
difference is what are on offer at Gala-Gala Eco Resort, their small, intimate operation that ensures
personal service second to none. Camping has never been this comfortable. Enjoy the
relaxed atmosphere of camping but with all the special luxury touches of your own private facilities
that makes it special. The tents offer the following:
- 3 x Luxury tents each under a roof on a cement floor - Sleeps 2 per tent on either 2 single beds or a Dble bed if so required. These tents also have an electric light, plug point, fan, bed linen & mosquito net but NO towels. Next to the tent under the same roof is a build area that houses a kitchen and a bathroom with shower, basin & toilet. The kitchen is fully self catering with - 2 plate gas burner, fridge/freezer combo, toaster, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans. A dining table and chairs are also supplied for outside living area. Portable Braai is supplied. These tents are serviced daily.
- 10 x Bush Tents - 3 x 3 Tents that sleeps 2 per tent with 2 single beds in each. These tents also has an electric light, bedlinen but no fans or mosquito nets as the tent is small enough to serve as its own net. All tents share communal ablutions - 2 x bathrooms for ladies with shower, basin & toilet each and separate area for men with showers & toilets. Every one of the Bush Tents are under its own little roof separate from other tents in the bush camp. The Bush Camp is served by a Large Communal kitchen - 6 x Fridge/Freezer combos, 4 x 2 plate gas burners, 3 x toasters, cutlery, crockery, other utensils, pots & pans. Kitchen is serviced throughout the day. With the kitchen is a large communal dinning area, boma and braai area supplied with grids. Clients must buy their own wood.
- 20 x Camp sites - Different size camp sites for different size groups and individuals with easily accessible sites for caravans. All Camp sites are sandy with power points and lots of shade right in the bush. All campsites share comfortable clean Ablutions for men and ladies separate and warm water is supplied by a by "donkey" (Steel drum heated by fire). Ablutions are serviced daily.
Please ALWAYS take care with open Fires.
The Lodge has drinkable water.
24 Hour security.
Resort has direct access to a beautiful unspoiled beach which is also safe for swimming.
The Lodge has its OWN Dive Charter that offers:
- Daily diving to reefs in the area.
- Scuba Courses.
- Gear Hire.
- Snorkel trips with - Whale Sharks, Dolphins.
- Viewing trips with - seasonal, migrating Humpback Whales.
The Lodge offers Deep Sea Fishing and off-shore fishing can also be done at the lodge.
No Quad bikes allowed in the resort. Secure/separate area designated for parking.
Clients can bring own Jet Ski's and Kite surfers.
GPS co-ordinates - S 26 degrees 51.183’ E 32 degrees 53.274’ - Elevation 24 m
How to get to the Resort:
Ponta De Oura town, on the left you will pass the market and Fernando’s pub.
Shortly after the market you will get to an intersection. At this intersection turn right.
You will pass the police station on the right. Continue to follow the white signs along this
road. Shortly after the police station the road will fork take the left road. The road will
continue and double back a bit, just keep following the white boards.
You will soon come to a big green board on the right with “Phambuka” on it, turn right into
this gate. As you pass through the entrance turn right immediately and follow the road around
and down to the reed wall.
From the Kosi Border gate the Lodge can only be reached with a 4 x 4 Vehicle.